Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Celebrating the 63rd Independence Day


Sri Lankan Society of Bahrain has organized an event to celebrate the 63rd Independence Day of Sri Lanka yesterday. It was very nice to witness the presence of around 1000 Sri Lankans at the event. As what I heard, there are three Sri Lankan societies in Bahrain which are based on Gudeibiya, Budeiya and Rifa.

One thing I noticed was that most of the Sri Lankans who are in Bahrain, have lived here for a long time. If you hear someone says “this is my 7th year, 10th year or the 20th year in Bahrain” well, that is very normal. Don’t know how long am I going to stay in this small country….will see how it comes…

Sachi and I went along with our house owners to this event. The place was at 10 minute walk from home. Aunty, Uncle, Akila and Jeewani joined with us. 



No comments: