Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Koththu at Gudeibia

 Gudeibia is another area which is very close to Adliya. It's also home to many Asians and just five minute walk from my office. I went there today for a walk and dropped in to an Indian restaurant called "Rajadhani". They have many Sri Lankan foods as well. My friend said that the very first chefs in that restaurant were Sri Lankans and still their menu is used by the current chefs. So after a long time I had a very nice Koththu there and indeed it was damn tasty. Though I'm not a big Koththu fan, a cream chicken soup, Chicken koththu, Green salad and Citrus 7up with extra lemon....wow!!!!

Gudeibia is a bit like Pettah in Sri Lanka. Not exactly but a bit similar. Many narrow roads, so many shops with almost everything, busy crowd give the same feeling. It is very crowded and very active even at night. There are few Sri Lankan food cabins are there but still didn't get a chance to visit. Sinhalese name boards and Com bank pennant in Currency exchange centre made me feel like I'm in Sri Lanka. The walls are packed with various kind of notices and small advertisements. Unlike in SL, posters are not popular at all in Bahrain.

BIsB (Bahrain Islamic Bank) where I opened my savings account recently, is also located at Gudeibia. Tomorrow I have to go there to withdraw money as I'm getting my first salary tomorrow. Have a list of items to purchase as I'm planing to shift my accommodation from 1st of February. Keeping my finger crossed for the coming month.

No comments: