Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Greetings from Bahrain!

Manama - Capital of Bahrain
It's my 3rd week in Bahrain and first time out of the country.


Though I'm always used to stay away from home, alone in my own place, managing everything by myself when I was in SL, spending the very first few days in Bahrain was extremely difficult. Unknown culture, unknown people, freezing weather and Green-less environment made me home sick badly.

I remember how strong I was to leave the country. It was totally my own decision and I was ready for that. But for the first time when I saw the "Fully Brown" Arab sub continent through the window of the air craft, I realized how much I'm gonna miss my own place.

Life in Bahrain is not so different from Sri Lanka. You see so many Asians everywhere. Dining and accommodation are also alright. Food is the same as in Sri Lanka when it comes to the price but the accommodation is bit expensive. Its cold and rain here these days but i heard that the summer is horrible. 


People are quite friendly & welcoming and sometimes you don't feel as you are in an Islamic country. It is very much free culture here. Alcohol, Clubs, Restaurants, Hotels and Huge shopping malls are everywhere. Friday & Saturday is the weekend here, and its so damn happening. you sometimes forget that you are in Middle east.

More to come...
Picture Souce

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hope u would post some interesting pix from bahrain..

Madhuka said...

welcome blog ayya!!!

Suchith Abeyewickreme said...

Thanks for the update.Sending you best of wishes for your journey. :)