Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Glad to know the friends are safe....


Finally I managed to speak to Sayuri and Susantha ayya today. There are safe and sound away from their home. They live in Saithama, a city close to Tokyo, but have gone to southern area of the country for skating while the earthquake took place. They are now stuck there as the trains are not operating. She said that they felt the earthquake but no major damages to that area. According to her, some parts of the country near the capital, is suffering from no electricity or water due to the situation. She still doesn’t know what has happened to her house in Saithama. Hope everything will be safe with them and all the citizens out there in Japan. I sent a message to all our gang via facebook informing that Sayuri and family are safe. I knew that all my other friends are worried as well.

Further, I spoke to Thamali one of my friend from uni who is now in Japan. Happy to know that she is safe too.   She was very scared and told me that she thought she might die yesterday. the thing is we Sri Lankans have no major experience in earthquakes and I have never even felt a minor one in my life. So this is a total new experience for a Sri Lankan who is there.

No comments: